You can work with files in your Stony Brook Office365 account from Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac using Microsoft Document Connection. Note, though, that you may need to update your operating system (e.g., update to Mavericks) and/or Safari* for this to work.
You'll need to first set up Document Connection by adding any Office 365 location whose files you want to work with.
Set up Locations in Document Connection
- Open Microsoft Document Connection
- In the top-right corner of your Mac, click on to open spotlight
- In the search box, type Microsoft Document Connection, and then click on Microsoft Document Connection when it appears
- From the Document Connection Menu, select Preferences
- In Preferences, be sure Enable basic authentication is checked and then close Preferences
- In Document Connection, click Add Location and select Connect a SharePoint Site...
- In the Address box, paste the URL of your document library
- Click Connect
- If prompted to sign in with your organizational account, enter your @stonybrook.edu email address
- Click Sign in (no need to enter a password yet)
- This will redirect to another sign in; enter NetID and NetID password and click Log in
- Add any additional locations by repeating steps 4-6.
Once you've set up locations, you can now save files to these locations.
*Document Connection will prompt you to sign in with your NetID and NetID password; this is done through Safari. As of spring 2014, Stony Brook University NetID sign in requires an updated version of Safari, which may require updating the Mac operating system. The update to the Mavericks operating system (10.9) is free. Contact Client Support with update questions.