Lynda.com is a service that offers high-quality video tutorials for common computer applications and other skills.
Lynda is Good for All
Lynda.com is available to all Stony Brook University students, faculty and staff at no charge. With Lynda.com, you can learn new computer applications, design and business skills or brush up on some old skills at your own pace at a time and location that works best for you.
Utilize tutorials to complement coursework
Learn techniques for projects
Master technology skills
Add lynda.com into your syllabi
Provide tutorials to your class
Request a group and assign a playlists
Take tutorials to boost productivity
Explore cutting-edge technologies
Enhance your resume
Login into Lynda.com using your NetID and Password.
BUS 215: Intro to Business Statistics
Excel 2007: Business Statistics
BUS 220: Intro to Decision Sciences
Excel 2013 Essential Training: Using Solver
BUS 330: Principles of Finance
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reports
BUS 346: Management and Operations
Managing Project Budgets: Examing Capital and Operating Costs
BUS 371: Supply Chain Management
Supply Chain Analytics
See what some of our Lynda users are saying:<br><br>
“I have used Lynda to help enhance my Photoshop work when it comes to designing schedule posters and flyers for our Athletics events on campus. I know my graduate assistants and interns have also used it as well to add graphic design skills to their resumes.”
“Lynda.com has been an invaluable resource for my undergraduate and graduate students. I can only cover a limited subset of the capabilities of professional-level software in class, and many students want to create projects beyond what is covered. Lynda lets them find the answers they need, and encourages/enables autodidacticism.”
“Lynda.com is a great supplement to coursework and helps reinforce material covered during class time. I’ve personally used it for program languages including, Java, C++, Python etc.”
Take Lynda On The Go
Frequently Asked Questions
To log in to Lynda.com, you'll need to know your NetID and NetID password.
1. Go to http://www.stonybrook.edu/lynda in any web broswer.
2. When prompted, enter your NetID and NetID password and click LOGIN.
3. If you're logging into Lynda.com for the first time, you will be prompted to enter your Name and your Email address. This information can always be updated later under your account settings.
Stony Brook students, faculty, and staff with an active NetID/NetID password can sign in for free to lynda.com, a service that offers high-quality video tutorials for common computer applications and other skills. There are also lynda.com mobile apps for supported iPad, iPhone, and Android devices (find them in the App Store or Google Play), so you can learn anytime, anywhere!
Once you have the app on your mobile device, here's how to sign in:
- Launch the lynda.com app
- If the Log In screen doesn't appear, click the lynda logo in the top left corner or the phone's function on the bottom and choose Log in
- In the initial Log In screen, select Web Portal Access or Web Portal (no need to fill in username and password)
- In the Web Portal, where it initially says yourschool.edu, enter stonybrook.edu and click go or Log in
- The mobile NetID sign in page will appear. Enter your NetID and NetID password and click LOGIN
If you're looking to share a bunch of Lynda.com videos, then you can take advantage of the playlist feature. Lynda.com's playlist feature allows you to compile a list of Lynda.com videos into one playlist and share them with anyone that has a Lynda.com account. This is ideal for instructors that want their students to learn a list of programs/skills, or for individuals that want to organize the videos they watch often.
To set up a playlist on Lynda.com, follow these directions:
1. Log into Lynda.com using your NetID and NetID password.
2. At the top, hover over My courses and choose My playlist from the drop-down menu.
3. On the left-hand side of your screen, click the Create new playlist button.
4. Enter a Name and a Description for your new playlist and click Save.
5. Now that your playlist is created, it's time to add videos. Browse Lynda.com's video library or use the search function to search for a specific program or application.
6. You can add a Lynda.com video to a playlist from the course itself, or from the search menu.
From the search menu:
From the course:
7. Once you've added courses to a playlist, you can access the playlist from the My courses section of the navigation bar (see Step 2).
8. To share your new playlist, check-off the Share option under My playlist. You can share your playlist by email, direct link, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
DoIT can create your class group in Lynda for you. This can help to you to view all your students and their progress if you have assigned Lynda videos for them to watch as part of your course.
To have your course please fill out our form at the link below: