Last Updated: February 23, 2016
Students can now enjoy a streamlined mobile experience when they access Stony Brook's SOLAR System from a smartphone. With the introduction of SOLAR Mobile, DoIT provides a clean view and easy access to a student's SOLAR messages, to-do items, holds, weekly schedule, grades, course history, and billing information.
Anyone who goes to www.stonybrook.edu/solar using a mobile phone will be directed to the mobile login page. When they log in, if the system detects that they have a "student" role, they will be directed to the mobile optimized home page with the following menus:
- Messages (with an indicator showing how many "new" messages there are)
- Messages (read; no indicator)
- To Do's (with indicator showing how many to-do's)
- Holds (with indicator showing how many holds)
- My Weekly Schedule
- View My Grades
- Enrollment Dates
- My Course History
- Account Summary/What Do I Owe?
- Students will also see the option to switch to the "full site" to access the full set of SOLAR features such as Enrollment, etc.
If the system detects that a user does not have a "student" role (applicants, employees, faculty), they will be directed to the non-mobile site ("full site")
If a user has multiple roles (e.g. they are both an employee and a student, they will be treated as a student and be directed to the mobile home page)
Students who try it out are encouraged to let us know what they think by filling out our DoIT Feedback Form.